Minds Ahead is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about the information we hold about you. This privacy notice will explain how our organisation uses the personal information we collect from you.
- What information do we collect?
- How do we collect your information?
- How will we use your information?
- How do we store your information?
- What are your rights and choices?
- Information required by EU privacy law
- What are cookies?
- What type of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy information on other websites
- Changes to our privacy notice
- How to contact us
What Information do we collect?
We collect information in the following ways.
- Information you give to us. This includes your name, email address, phone number, and any other personal data freely volunteered when you contact us via the website. If you contact us by phone or via social media, or meet with us in person, we will record your details to facilitate follow-up. If we request personal sensitive information (such as health information), this is to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate you (for example, for an event), otherwise we will be clear about the sensitive information we are collecting and why.
- Information we collect through your use of our website. We collect information about how you interact with the content on our website, including whether you watch embedded content from third-party websites (for example, YouTube and Vimeo), and the links you click. We collect your IP address but we remove the last digits to protect your privacy. This means we only have region level information about your location. We also collect information about the device you use to browse the website, including browser type/version, and operating system.
How do we collect your information?
Most of the information we collect comes directly from you. We collect and process your information when you do the following.
- Fill in and submit our website’s contact form.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback to us via phone or email.
- Visit and use our website, through cookies and a tag manager (this controls the analytics data we collect).
- Meet with us in person.
How will we use your information?
We collect your information so that we can:
- follow up on requests for information;
- notify you of relevant news and events;
- with your permission, put you in touch with other organisations and companies in our network for support, collaboration and services;
- improve the website content and experience.
How do we store your information?
We are committed to storing your information securely. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical and electronic measures to safeguard and secure it.
We will contact you with news and events if you are within our network, and have shared your contact details with us for the purpose of being contacted in this way. You can opt out of this communication at any time by replying and asking us to remove you from our mailing list, or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact us through the website, we will not add you to any marketing lists you are not already a member of, unless we ask you separately - the purpose of the “contact us” form is solely to request our contact.
What are your rights and choices?
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal information.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is factually inaccurate, or complete any incomplete information.
- The right to deletion – You have the right to request that we delete your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we provide back to you the personal information you have provided us, under certain conditions. This right also includes us sending that information directly to a third party if you request it, and if it is technically feasible.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If the request is significantly onerous, we have the right to take up to two months, and we will be upfront if this is the case. If you would like to make a rights request please contact us as follows.
Information required by EU Privacy Law
As well as the other information in this privacy notice, EU privacy law requires us to provide the following extra information.
Lawful bases for processing
This refers to the reasons why we collect and use your personal information. We explain these above in plain English but in legal terms we collect and use your personal information using the following lawful bases.
- Performance of a contract: to provide you with products, services and information you request or that are integral to our business.
- Legitimate interests: for legitimate business purposes. To use this lawful basis we assess both our interests and yours, to make sure that what we’re doing does not cause any unjustified privacy intrusion.
- Consent: for optional activities where you need to give us permission or opt in.
- Legal obligation: to comply with legal obligations (for example, relating to equality law obligations, tax, customer due diligence and so on).
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we will collect information from you automatically through cookies and similar technology.
For further information, visit cookiesandyou.com.
- Understanding how you use the website and embedded content.
- For content delivery security.
We have also given permission for embedded video services like YouTube and Vimeo to set cookies on our site, so they can understand how you engage with the content they host. Where possible, we prevent their ability to set cookies and track your usage until you engage with the content.
What type of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses the following.
- Functional - we use these cookies so that we can recognise you on our website, remember your previous visits, and the preferences you made. We use a mix of first-party and third-party cookies.
- Advertising – we use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and part of your IP address (the last digits are removed). We sometimes share anonymous data with third parties for advertising purposes.
We use the following first-party cookies.
|cookieconsent_status||We use this cookie to record how you engaged with our website’s cookie banner, and control whether it appears on future visits.|
|_ga||This cookie records our Google Analytics account information, to control where analytics information is stored.|
|_gid||Google Analytics uses this cookie to distinguish between users, in the analytics information we collect.|
The following third-party providers set cookies on our website.
|Provider||Purpose||Their privacy and cookie policies|
|Cloudflare||To speed up the delivery of our website’s content to you, our host uses Cloudflare’s content delivery network. Cloudflare sets cookies to perform this securely (these are strictly necessary to function), and for their own analytics.||Link|
|Google (Google Analytics)||We use these Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how you interact with our website, including how you reached it, which content you interacted with and information about the device you used, including browser type/version and operating system. We collect your IP address but we remove the last digits to protect your privacy. This means we only have region level information about your location.||Link|
|Google (Google Tag Manager)||We use Google Tag Manager to manage the analytics tags we deploy. This controls the analytics information we collect, and removes the last digits of your IP address, restricting our visibility of your location to region level.||Link|
|Hotjar||We use Hotjar analytics to collect anonymised information on how you use our website, including which areas of the site you engaged with. We cannot see who you are, and after processing, no IP addresses are stored.||Link|
|Vimeo||Some of our partners host videos on the online video hosting site Vimeo. We use the embedded Vimeo player to display this content, which sets cookies to check whether certain features or preferences have been selected, and collect analytics information (e.g. whether a video has been played).||Link|
|YouTube||Some of our partners host videos on the video host YouTube. We use their embedded video player to display this content, which sets cookies to record preferences, watch history, and collect analytics information. We have enabled YouTube’s privacy enhanced mode to restrict their collection of data, until you interact with this video content.||Link|
How to manage your cookies?
You can set your browser to not accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result. To learn more, visit cookiesandyou.com.
Privacy notices on other website
The Minds Ahead website contains links to other websites, including our partners. Our privacy notice applies only to our website, so if you click on a link to another website, you should read their privacy information.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and place any updates on this web page. This privacy notice was last updated on 13 March 2020.
How to contact us