Disability Support: Guidance for our Master’s students with disabilities and learning difficulties

Disability Support
We have put together relevant information on how the Disability Support team at Leeds Beckett University can provide support and specialist guidance to our Master’s students with disabilities, dyslexia and other leaning difficulties.
Advice and guidance on any disability-related matter

The Disability Advice team can offer support and help if you have a disability or a long-term condition. This includes: 

  • Specific learning differences, such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, attention deficit disorder. If you think you may have one of these conditions but have never had an assessment at school or college, they can offer advice about being assessed.
  • Mental health conditions such as anxiety or depression. Some students may not see these conditions as a disability, but you might be eligible for
  • Autism/Asperger’s Syndrome.
  • A visual, hearing or other sensory impairment.
  • Long term health conditions, such as chronic fatigue syndrome, epilepsy, diabetes.
  • Physical disability such as arthritis, wheelchair user, joint hypermobility.

If you are unsure if your condition is a ‘disability’ or whether you would be eligible, the Disability Advice team can arrange for you to meet with a Disability Adviser to talk about the support that is available. offer  They encourage all applicants and current students to contact them to discuss support and facilities available. 

Information about how to access support and what support is available for students with disabilities / dyslexia is available on the Disability Advice website. Or you can contact them via:

Telephone: 0113 812 5831
Email: disabilityadvice@leedsbeckett.ac.uk

In this podcast, you will hear Neil, one of the disability advisors at Leeds Beckett University, talking with Katy, a postgraduate student who shares her experience accessing disability support:

Library Disability Support Team
Qualified mental health support in schools: The School Mental Health Specialist

Would you like to develop your expertise in student support and wellbeing? You could become the school mental health specialist of your school or college. Learn more here.